6/09/2013

Fun in the Sun - CTMH Stampers With an Attitude Style!

Welcome to the Stampers with an Attitude Fun in the Sun Blog Hop.  This month I am following, Becky McLain.  Wasn't her artwork incredible?

Our theme this month was Fun in the Sun.  I found this super cute card pattern at Card Crafters Circle.  I am entering my card into their challenge this week.  Woo Hoo!  I was chosen one of the Top 3 at Card Crafters Circle!



Here is my card:


 I wanted my card to be warm and fun.  I used the Buzz and Bumble paper pack (X7164B) and the Close to My Heart Stamp Set, Bright Sunshiny Day (D1538).  I stamped the image with our Cocoa Pigment Ink and embossed it with our Clear Embossing powder it a little POP.  Then I colored parts of the images in with our Honey and Juniper Markers.

The cute buttons come from our Wooden Mini-Medley Accents (Z1837).  And I added a little bling to two of them.  I balanced out my artwork with the Mini Wooden Clothespin (Z1815) and added a cute hemp bow and another brown bling with some of our Liquid Glass (Z679).  It will hold anything!

Now, hop on over to our next Blog hopper, the super-artistic, Barbi Kelley and see what she has made for you to see!

If you get lost, here is a list of our participating blog hoppers.


  1.  Cat Nowak ~ http://catscrapbooking.wordpress.com/
  2.  Jen Patrick- http://roxybonds-scrappin.blogspot.com
  3.  Becky McClain ~ www.beckysstudio-cards.blogspot.com
  4.  Melinda Everitt ~ http://www.ifyoublingit.blogspot.com
  5.  Barbi Kelley ~  www.barbispapercreations.blogspot.com
  6.  Sheila Bennett ~ http://sheila-bennett.blogspot.com
  7.  Amber La Mons ~ www.scrapperstherapy.blogspot.com
  8.  Pamela O'Connor ~ http://reflectionsofmyartandsoul.com
  9.  Sandra VanWoerden~ http://OhMyScraps2U.blogspot.com
  10.  Beth Velosa~ www.bethvelosacrafts.com

See something you like?  Well I would love it if you would head on over to my website and see what Close to My Heart has to offer!  I am sure that you will love them as much as I do.

I am also entering this card in this week's Paper Player's Color Challenge #149.  I have used Close to My Heart Colors for this challenge.  I used Sunset, Juniper, Honey, and Cocoa.




10 comments:

  1. Love this card Melinda. Makes me want to go sit at the Dock on the Bay and watch the sun set. The colors look great together. Love how you used the buttons and complimented with the clothespin and hemp. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! love the button accent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so delightful! Love the little clothes pin and buttons! Thank you for sharing with us at Card Crafter's Circle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Melinda
    My kinda card
    Love it 's simplicity
    Beautiful image and embellishing .
    Thank you for sharing on Card Crafter's Circle

    ReplyDelete
  5. your card is delightful! I need to get out my little clothespins and use them - thanks so much for the inspiration. you are one totally talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't usually think of Buzz and Bumble for beach/summer- but it works very well. Pretty card!
    Thanks for organizing again! See you in a couple weeks, in those black chairs :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful creation Melinda... I love your palette, and that wee peg holding the image is fab! Thank you for sharing with us at Card Crafter's Circle!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post!